SRS in 5 minutes
Choose your language to play DVD:
If you can think of it, we can most probably prepare
a vehicle for it, we are extremely versatile
Just call 01246 241 312 or email email@example.com
About 30 years ago the Chief Civil Engineer of the Swedish Railways had a simple, but brilliant idea. Frustrated by the time which it took to move material from depot to work site on the railway, he initiated the design of a lorry which could travel most of the way on the road, mount the track at a level crossing and complete its journey by rail. Thus the SRS road rail lorry was born, and the idea was soon extended to include a comprehensive range of mounted equipments enabling these vehicles to be used for a multiplicity of tasks. The road rail lorry added a new dimension to railway infrastructure engineering.
SRS Road Rail lorries move men, materials and equipment from depot to work site on the railway in the shortest possible time.
Once at the work site they provide the tools to do the job.
SRS Road Rail trucks are standard commercial trucks, usually Volvo, which have been converted to the road rail role. Thus a world wide network of servicing stations exists.
OUTSTANDING FEATURES ARE:
A hydrostatic power take off behind the gear box which
- Powers the vehicle traction enabling it to move equally fast in both directions.
- Powers all ancillary equipment
A powered rotating bogie at the rear of each vehicle which
- Enables the vehicle to mount the track in a constricted area such as a single carriage way level crossing by simply reversing up to it. The operation takes less than 5 minutes and can be done under live overheads.
Steel rail wheels lowered under power which
- Lift the road wheels clear during the on tracking process.
- Enable the vehicle to negotiate the railway in the same
way as a train
- Function on wet rails
Variable Track Guage
- Which may be altered to suit customer requirements
- Almost any kind of equipment may be mounted on SRS vehicles and a whole family of modules exist to convert modular 25 tonne vehicles into specialist vehicles.
SRS RAIL SYSTEM LIMITED
- With a purpose built depot in the middle of England adjacent to the M1 motorway, and an ever expanding fleet of SRS road rail lorries, SRS Rail System Limited supplies these specialist vehicles, together with highly trained operators, on world
- It also provides a specialised repair and maintenance service for other owners.