SRS Rail System Ltd. is fully committed to securing your privacy in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018.
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data collected will be held and processed by us, what data we hold and how we process it, the duration for which we keep it and who the data will be shared with (if applicable).
Who collects the information
SRS Rail System Ltd. (‘Company’) is a ‘data controller’ and gathers and uses certain information. This information is also used by our affiliated entities and group companies, namely:-
- SRS (Holdings) Limited
- SRS International Limited
- SRS International Hire Limited
and so, in this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ mean the Company and our affiliated entities and group companies.
Which information do we process and for what purpose?
Information you may give us when contacting SRS, either by telephone, email or post, visiting our address or at any events we attend and also any future contact through our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number. This information will be used solely to respond to any enquiry for business purposes only.
Duration and further processing
We only keep your information for as long as is necessary and in line with the Company’s Documentation Retention Matrix. We also take into account our other legal obligations to keep or securely dispose of personal information.
Who is your information shared with?
Your personal information is not shared with anyone except where we are required to do so to comply with the law or to protect our rights.
Personal information is only stored on our systems for the purpose of the ongoing operation of our business (including where we are legally required to keep a record of your data).
It may be necessary to share your data with the following people or group of people:
- The Company’s independent IT provider may have access to our IT systems if such access is required to enable them to resolve any problems which arise. Our IT providers are subject to contractual obligations to treat all data as strictly confidential and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- It may be necessary to provide personal data to our legal advisers or other professional advisers to defend claims, protect our rights, or receive advice on compliance with the law. These advisers will be contracted to treat all data as strictly confidential and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Automated decision making
The Company does not make automated decisions based on personal information received.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- to be informed about how, why and on what basis that information is processed;
- to obtain confirmation that your information is being processed and to obtain a copy of that information;
- to have data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to object to us processing your personal information in certain circumstances;
- to have data erased if it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed, or if there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- to restrict the processing of personal information where the accuracy of the information is contested, or the processing is unlawful (but you do not want the data to be erased), and
- to restrict the processing of personal information temporarily, e.g. whilst a complaint about its accuracy is being investigated.
Access to Information
Under data protection law, you can exercise your right of access by making a written request to receive copies of the information we hold on you to SRS Rail System Ltd. at the address below.
We will always store your digital information on secure servers. Unfortunately, however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site or otherwise to our servers (such as by email). Any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
This notice was last updated on 25th May 2018. Any material changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be uploaded to our website. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed and should be addressed to the Managing Director, SRS Rail System Ltd., 3 Riverside Way, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S44 6GA.